Trinity Baptist Church was founded in the belief that communities must learn to help themselves. Our work is founded on the following five pillars of faith:
- A duty to reach out to all men.
- An obligation to lead by example.
- Acceptance of the fact that we, too, may someday require assistance in our time of need
- The path to salvation lies only in Jesus Christ!
Glorify Jesus Christ through the
Growing of a New Testament Church whose
Goal is to make sinners into saints and siants into soldiers who will make a
Godly impact on
Greater McAllen and the world.
- There is only one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the
grave, and ascended into Heaven.
- Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
- God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide who lives in every believer.
- The Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin the first man, Adam, committed mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
- Salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in hell; and the persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
- Water Baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion following Salvation.
- The church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the head.
- Each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the separation of church and state, but not in the separation of God and government. Christians are salt and light in society.
- Trinity Baptist is a Southern Baptist Church.
About Us/Church History
Trinity Baptist Church was organized as a Southern Baptist Church during WWII. Church records date back to 1943. Over the years it has had 3 names, 2nd Street Baptist Church, 2nd Baptist
Church, and Trinity Baptist Church. Trinity was originally was located in Pharr.